6.02.2011

Dj Discussions: DJ Homepage

Please welcome to the studio DJ Homepage, who will be spinning us a translation of Cee Lo Green’s “F*ck You Song.” No worries, its censored. We’re talking about love, not lust.

Forget You” - Cee Lo Green
So it seems as if Cee Lo Green has found himself embroiled in one of the classic love triangles: boy loves girl, who loves money so much more. 

It's a sign of wealth when you can wear that many feathers.


A soap opera-worthy love triangle that begins with drama...
I see you driving 'round town
With the girl I love and I'm like,
Forget you!
Oo, oo, ooo
I guess the change in my pocket
Wasn't enough 
I'm like,
forget you!
And forget her, too!
I said, if I was richer, I'd still be with ya
Ha, now ain't that some shit? (Ain't that some shit?)
And ‘though there's pain in my chest,
I still wish you the best with a...
Forget you!
Oo, oo, ooo”

He seems to be handling the situation well enough, balancing the pain and angst with a touch of anger. Righteous anger and indignation is a handy tool. 
There’s a hint of karmatic belief as well. “I’ll wish you the best, while politely telling you to go ‘forget’ yourself.”
It came in real handy the time a guy told me that the best advice his dad ever gave him was: 
“Son, it’s just as easy to fall in love with a poor girl as a rich girl, so make sure you check her bank account before you get too serious.”
How very deep.
Forealz. 


Yeah I said I was sorry, I can't afford a Ferrari,
But that don't mean I can't get you there.
I guess he's an Xbox and I'm more Atari,
But the way you play your game ain't fair.
I pity the fool that falls in love with you
(She's a gold digger, just goes to show you)
Ooooooh,
I've got some news for you.
Yeah, go run and tell your little boyfriend”
Cee Lo clearly is a classic – timeless, not out-dated.
Agreed, classy gentlemen always compare themselves to retro video game consoles. Just because they aren’t sold in store any more doesn’t mean they’re not cool. It just makes them more valuable. 

  Old school is the best school.
Now I know, that I had to borrow,
Beg and steal and lie and cheat.
Trying to keep ya, trying to please ya.
'Cause being in love with you ass ain't cheap”

I pity the fool that falls in love with you
(She's a gold digger, just goes to show you)
Ooooooh,
I've got some news for you.
I really hate yo’ ass right now.
If needy and desperate were attractive, we’d all have someone.
What is it they say about engagment rings again? The bigger the rock, the sooner the divorce?




Now baby, baby, baby, why d'you wanna, wanna hurt me so bad?
(So bad, so bad, so bad)
I tried to tell my mamma but she told me,
"This is one for your dad."
(Your dad, your dad, your dad)
Uh! Whhhy? Uh! Whhhy? Uh!
Whhhy lady? Oh! I love you Oh!
I still love you. Oooh!”

Let’s hope his dad gives better advice than my ex-boyfriend’s.
We all know love hurts. But Cee Lo learned how much the love for money hurts the other party. At least he has passed on his wisdom about it.
Cee Lo should have listened to this song before he got involved with the gold digger that broke his heart so bad he had to write a song about it:





No comments:

Post a Comment