4.17.2011

Taylor Swift puts her tail between her legs when it comes to bullying.

Mean” - Taylor Swift

She's emotionally attached to her guitar. It doesn't hit her.

Underdog Taylor Swift has put out another song that talks about how she’s been picked on, teased, and victim to domestic violence. In this banjo-twanging song, we’re subjected to simple adjectives and clichés. 
“You, with your words like knives and swords and weapons that you use against me
You have knocked me off my feet again got me feeling like I'm nothing
You, with your voice like nails on a chalkboard, calling me out when I'm wounded
You, pickin' on the weaker man”
I guess knives and swords aren’t weapons. They’re in a category all their own to Taylor Swift. And this guy she’s referring to must have a really high voice if it sounds like nails on a chalkboard. Unless this is another song she wrote when she was 13, and the guy in question is actually a boy hitting puberty. 
“Someday I'll be living in a big old city
And all you're ever gonna be is mean
Someday I'll be big enough so you can't hit me
And all you're ever gonna be is mean”
Running away from your problems instead of confronting them? I thought we learned in school that if you have an issue with someone, you sit down and talk it out. OH wait, she was home schooled in high school because she couldn’t handle being bullied by her peers. *cough*coward*cough*

So instead of calling the cops and reporting the guy who's apparently been hitting her, she's going to go live it up in a big ole’ city sometime in the near future when she has managed to gain 100 pounds of muscle to make her large enough to take on a male of our species. And that guy/13-year-old-boy is just going be left with his meanness.
“Why you gotta be so mean?”

 Of all the words to choose. Way to keep it simple. I hope she's not actually related to this Swift



J. Swift knew all about haters.


He'd be rolling in his grave if he heard this song.


“You, with your switching sides and your walk-by lies and your humiliation
You, have pointed out my flaws again as if I don't already see them
I'll walk with my head down trying to block you out 'cause I'll never impress you
I just wanna feel okay again”
You. Yeah, You. Stop making Taylor feel like shit, you. She can do that on her own because she has no self-esteem left after high school kicked it out of her. You.
“I'll bet you got pushed around, somebody made you cold
But the cycle ends right now 'cause you can't lead me down that road
And you don't know what you don't know”
Whoa, she’s getting deep now. The abused become abusers more often that not, but they can also become passive-agressive. One coping strategy is initiating a dominance contest. Emphasis on the “big old city.”
“And I can see you years from now in a bar, talking over a football game
With that same big loud opinion but nobody's listening
Washed up and ranting about the same old bitter things
Drunk and grumbling on about how I can't sing”
How’s this a bad scenario for a guy who doesn’t give a fuck? Sitting in a bar getting drunk and shooting the shit or watching a football game with his buds and shooting the shit, sounds like a decent middle-class life to me. Someone’s trying to justify something here...
“But all you are is mean
All you are is mean and a liar and pathetic and alone in life
And mean, and mean, and mean, and mean”
Sounds a lot like a little kid trying to name-call and failing at it. 

“From that sense, I was able to write songs about relationships when I was thirteen but not in relationships." - Taylor Swift, on her high school experience as an outcast.
Taylor, if you read this, I want you to listen to “Perfect” by Pink. Here's a cover for Anti-bullying. 







Everyone should learn this from Taylor: You don’t need to run away to a big old city. You need to grab the mic back from Kanye and say: “Bitch, I was talking first.”

No comments:

Post a Comment