3.29.2011

Ms. Minaj is just a misunderstood mom.

Did It On ‘Em” by Nicki Minaj and “Bedrock” by Young Money Feat. Nicki Minaj

Nicki Minaj raps about defecation and sideburns, but there’s really a deeper meaning behind the rapper’s words…

Nicki Minaj: don’t push her or she’ll take a dump on you forealz.

From her album Pink Friday, “Did It On ‘Em” has become a sort of tough girl’s anthem. 

“Shitted on 'em, man I just shitted on 'em
Shitted on 'em, put yo' number two's in the air if you did it on 'em”

These lyrics say: I am a powerful female who does not have any Freudian qualms about defecating on a person and representing it with two fingers held up high. 
You go girl. But could Minaj really just be venting some frustration that she’s kept locked down deep inside?
“All these bitches is my sons
and I'ma go and get some bibs for 'em
a couple formulas, little pretty lids on 'em
If I had a dick, I would pull it out and piss on 'em”

Sounds like someone needs to go lay down on Freud’s couch and re-evaluate their childhood.  But then again, Minaj is working with the big dogs.  She’s expected to be just as nasty as the rest of them.
Her bit in “Bedrock” confused people though…

“Ok, I get it,
Let me think, I guess it's my turn,
Maybe it's Time To Put This Pussy On Ya Sideburns,
He Say I’m Bad, He Prob’lly Right,
He Pressing Me Like Button Downs On A Friday Night”

Maybe comedian Natasha Leggero is right.  Perhaps Minaj is just a confused little girl, trapped inside a grown-ups body.  She’s just an underdog, underpuppy if you will, who shows aggressive behavior in her lyrics because she’s in the same pen as the big dogs. 
That’s the best analogy I got.  Here’s something fun to do if you’ve got your own favorite Nicki Minaj lyrics to twist.

2 comments:

  1. I have this theory that Nicki Minaj just wants to be Black Lady Gaga.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not alone in that theory. I like the theory that she's a cartoon character come to life.

    ReplyDelete